Minimum Technology Requirements
Students will need a computer, modem, and phone or broadband connection to receive and send class materials.
Laptop computer with the following hardware levels:
- Processor: i5 2 core (4 core preferred) processor 2.0 GHz or greater
- LCD: 15 inch or greater
- Memory: 6GB or more of RAM
- Hard Drive: 80 GB or more of free disk space
- Other drives: DVD+/- RW
- Wireless network adapter
- Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 with current service patches OR
- Mac 10.7.7 (or later) with VMware Fusion 5.0 and a Windows 7 or 8 OS environment.
Required software supplied by student:
- Current OS security patches and fixes
- Current Virus Scanning Software
- MS Office (2010 or later)
While the minimum configuration will enable students to take classes, a faster computer, more memory, and a faster Internet connection will always provide a better experience.