General Studies AA Program
AAGS General Description
The Associate of Arts in General Studies is designed for the student who does not desire to concentrate in one major field of study. The program provides the student with a general exposure to the major fields of knowledge. This degree is a wonderful option for transfer students who have a significant number of earned credits and want to complete their degree. Students in this program are not eligible to graduate with additional designations on their transcript (e.g., double major, minor, concentration).
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate competency in oral and written communication.
- Articulate the foundation themes of the Holy Bible as well as the intellectual strategies for further study of scripture.
- Articulate the parameters of Wesleyan-Holiness tradition, doctrinal and moral convictions of the Church of the Nazarene and the connection with intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and physical life, individually and collectively.
- Demonstrate an understanding of global civilization, human behavior, and religion through historical, literary, and aesthetic records.
- Demonstrate an understanding and practice of various intellectual modes of thinking.
- Integrate the fundamental doctrinal/moral tenets of the Christian faith with the basic liberal arts and academic major, forming students for Christian leadership and service in the global community.
- Demonstrate an understating of cultural diversity with a capacity to positively engage others.
The AA in General Studies is a program that includes includes the general core education requirements and electives for the associate degree. Sixty (60) semesters hours are earned by completing the courses online one at a time. Students will choose courses from various programs to create a program of study suitable for their own schedule and plans for the future.
Program of Study
General Education — 36 hours
Religion — 6 hours
Electives — 18 hours
Total Credit Hours: 60