Student Development Goals
The following student development goals were formulated to support the institutional mission and purpose. The University desires to provide a supportive environment where you can develop in every area of your life during your university career. This holistic approach emphasizes intellectual, spiritual, social, emotional, and physical growth. The student development goals are intended to:
- Support students in their academic, spiritual, and social development with supplemental cultural and intellectual enrichment opportunities beyond the classroom.
- Provide a comfortable living environment in the residence halls.
- Provide a variety of options for nutritious meals in comfortable and attractive facilities for students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- Provide comprehensive career planning for all students and career placement for seniors; prepare students to conduct effective job searches; and coordinate employment interviews on campus.
- Provide individual and group counseling services to students in areas of personal, religious, interpersonal relationships, and family social problems.
- Communicate and implement institutional policies and expectations concerning community living.
- Provide opportunities for students to participate in a variety of competitive intercollegiate sports and intramural athletic activities.
- Provide opportunities for students to participate in student government and a variety of class and club organizations.
- Provide a variety of high quality chapel services for the campus community and a variety of service opportunities through campus ministry programs and mission trips.
- Develop a retention program that encourages students toward the completion of their educational goals; monitor retention/attrition statistics; and conduct studies of non-returning students.
- Provide a meaningful orientation program that will assist new freshmen and transfers in their transition to university life.
- Provide a safe campus environment through a well trained security staff.
- Provide adequate university health services for students, faculty, and staff.