Admission Policy for Freshmen
A freshman applicant may be considered academically eligible for admission to Trevecca Nazarene University when the following two conditions are met:
- A high school grade point average of 2.5 or above based on a 4.0 scale.
- An ACT composite score of 18 or above, or SAT Critical Reading + Math score of 860 or above if prior to March 2016 test date, or SAT total score of 940 or above beginning March 2016 test date.
If only one of the admissions conditions is met, a freshman applicant may be reviewed for admission on restriction.
- Placement in INT 1010 Study Skills or INT 1210 Fundamentals of Student Success I (see "Academic Restriction" in the Developmental Education & Basic Skills section of the Catalog).
- The student's progress will be monitored through interviews and regular progress reports under the supervision of the associate director of academic services for the Center for Leadership, Calling, and Service.
- All developmental and basic skills courses required by placement testing will be taken in specified sequence.
Restriction will be lifted when all of the requirements have been successfully completed.