Post Baccalaureate Program
Candidates who hold a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university can attend Trevecca Nazarene University under the auspices of the Post Baccalaureate Office at a reduced tuition rate. Directed Study, available only to those enrolled in licensure programs, is charged regular University tuition plus directed study fee.
This program is organized to provide service for three different types of students:
Type 1. Candidates who hold a baccalaureate degree and wish to take classes leading to recommendation for initial teacher licensure. These candidates will NOT earn credits toward another degree;
Type 2. Candidates who want to add an additional area of endorsement to their current teacher license; or
Type 3. Candidates with teacher licensure who need coursework to satisfy requirements for renewal of their current teacher license or who want course work for professional development or personal enrichment.
- A candidate must have a GPA of 2.75 to be admitted and must submit one official transcript from each institution attended. If a candidate cannot meet the GPA requirement, he or she must make a passing score on the Praxis II Content Knowledge Test in Elementary K-6 or the Secondary Content Major in order to prove competency.
- A candidate must present passing scores on the Core Academic Skills Tests of Reading, Mathematics, and Writing or a minimum ACT score of 24 or a minimum SAT score of 1140.
- A candidate must submit a record of immunizations.
International candidates may not enroll in education courses as post-baccalaureate candidates until all admissions procedures described under Admission of International Students in the Admissions section of this Catalog have been processed. One of the requirements is that applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
The Teacher Education Program at Trevecca offers licensure in the following areas of study:
Undergraduate and post-baccalaureate
- Biology Education (6-12)
- Business Education (6-12)
- Chemistry Education (6-12)
- English Education (6-12)
- History Education (6-12)
- Economics Education
- Government Education
- Interdisciplinary Studies Early Childhood (PreK-3)
- Interdisciplinary Studies Elementary Education (K-5)
- Mathematics Education (6-12)
- Music Education (K-12)
- Instrumental/General Education
- Vocal/General Education
- Physical Education Education (K-12)
- Health Education (K-12)
- Physics Education (6-12)
- Special Education (K-12)
- Speech Communication Education (6-12)
- Theatre Education (K-12)