AACHS General Description
The Associate of Arts in Community and Human Services program is designed to connect faith and service and their function within modern culture as seen through the lens of a Biblical perspective. In this program, you will learn more about communication skills, the role of non-government organizations in service, and building interpersonal relationships. Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared to enter the helping industry as an effective servant leader.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate awareness of learning and critical thinking strategies.
- Examine a Christian worldview and its relationship to serving in helping professions.
- Demonstrate competency in core general education subjects.
- Exhibit effective writing and presentation skills.
- Apply helping profession concepts and skills to real-world human services circumstances.
The AA in Community and Human Services is a structured curriculum that includes the general core education requirements and human services requirements for the associate degree. Sixty (60) semester hours are earned by completing the courses online one at a time. Students will be part of a cohort who will participate in all courses together, forming a support group for success.