Student Learning Outcomes
Students who graduate with an M.A. or M.M.F.C./T. degree from the Graduate Counseling Program should:
- Possess a knowledge of the field of mental health counseling or marriage and family counseling/therapy.
- Demonstrate competency in utilizing counseling skills in the classroom and in their practicum/internship experience.
- Demonstrate competency in formulating client diagnosis and appropriate treatment plans.
- Possess the ability to read and critique research articles and apply the knowledge learned to current problems and issues.
- Embrace diversity as essential in working with clients.
- Possess the ability to integrate the principles of mental health counseling with a Christian worldview.