Statement of Purpose of the Graduate Counseling Program
The purpose of the Graduate Counseling Program is to:
- Recruit qualified candidates for admission into the program.
- Provide a high quality academic program that meets educational requirements for licensure as a professional counselor with mental health service provider designation or a marital and family therapist in the state of Tennessee.
- Provide adequate learning resources and support systems to assist students in meeting the academic requirements for licensure.
- Integrate faith and learning in the life and thought of students.
- Encourage students to develop life-long learning behaviors that prepare them for a career in the professional world of mental health counseling.
- Engage in ongoing review and evaluation of program effectiveness in preparing competent mental health counselors.