Center for Worship Arts
SAMUEL D. GREEN, Director, Center for Worship Arts, Professor of Music, 1997—
BS, Trevecca Nazarene University, 1987; MMEd, Belmont University, 1989; EdD, Tennessee State University, 1998; Advanced Graduate Certificate of Worship Studies, Institute for Worship Studies, 2004.
Center for Worship Arts General Information
The Center for Worship Arts seeks to help students develop informed minds, inflamed hearts, and engaged hands to minister through the arts in a variety of contexts.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates with a worship arts major will be able to:
- Appreciate the significance of arts in the worship of God both within and outside of the church.
- Articulate a theology of worship.
- Embody the habits and practices of the Christian faith.
- Understand the Biblical and theological foundations of worship.
- Articulate the pastoral role of a worship leader.
- Design a worship service for particular settings.
- Know and demonstrate proficiency in a student’s area of study.