The Adult Studies Concept
Traditionally, a college education has been available only to those with time and money to spend several years away from work and usually away from home. People who either choose or need to work often find no practical way of continuing their education. To meet the needs of the working adult, Trevecca Nazarene University has offered the Management and Human Relations Program (now called Management and Leadership) since September 1987 with these features. Since then, both associate and bachelor level programs have been added.
- Classes are held on Trevecca’s campus, off campus, and online at times convenient to adult students’ schedules.
- Classes are scheduled sequentially at a time known in advance, allowing students to know when their program will end.
- Course content is focused on practical application to the everyday life and occupation of the student.
- The teaching method is suited to the needs of adults.
- The program assumes that adult students possess experience and skills that may earn academic credit.