THOMAS L. MIDDENDORF, University Provost and Senior Vice President, Professor of Leadership Studies, 2008—
BS, Trevecca Nazarene University; MA, Olivet Nazarene University; EdD, Olivet Nazarene University.
Leadership Studies General Information
Through an interdisciplinary process the Leadership Studies Minor seeks to enhance the skill set of graduates in all undergraduate degree programs by providing a broad perspective on leadership and to enhance on-campus leadership development of student leaders for student government, peer mentoring, and resident assistants.
Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates with a leadership studies minor will be able to:
- Compare the history of leadership and current leadership theories.
- Examine leadership theories relevant to effective organizational leadership, development, and change.
- Evaluate ethics, morals, and values as it relates to their leadership effectiveness.
- Analyze theories, behaviors, and consequences of healthy and dysfunctional leadership.
- Translate life experiences into leadership experience in light of course content.
- Evaluate interpersonal skills to more effectively engage and collaborate with others.
- Identify some of the common leadership issues of today.
- Practice the tenets of servant leadership.